background

December 7, 2010

It's Been a While...

Wow, haven't been here in a while. This semester has definitely been a busy one, but I'm so relieved that it's almost over. I finished my last big project yesterday and can thankfully coast through the rest of the week. AND, I don't have any finals! First time I can say that!

Classes were definitely tougher than I had anticipated at the start of the semester. It has also been a roller coaster ride emotionally and that has taken its toll. Some very tough spiritual questions and situations have pushed me out of my comfort zone, but God has definitely pulled me through and I think I am stronger because of it. It's always hard to confront the deeper heart issues behind sin, but this semester has been good as far as learning to approach my relationship with God in a more honest way than I ever have before. My goals for winter break center around spending quality time in prayer with God and truly seeking to know Him more. I usually fall into old habits when I'm at home, so I'm really hoping that I will fight against that tendency.

I also hope to get into more of a routine with writing on this blog. One thing I learned in class this semester about teaching writing to kids is that I have to be a writer myself and take it seriously. I can't expect to know what I'm talking about as a teacher if I haven't experienced the process myself! So here's to forming new habits, both spiritually and academically in preparation for my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment