background

February 7, 2011

Weddings and Football

This weekend was nice and relaxing...quite the change of pace from how the school week was! My friend and roommate from last year, Katie, was walking in a bridal show, so I went to that on Saturday. She looked gorgeous!! It was also fun to chat with her current roommate, Kristen, and just get to know her a bit more. We had so much fun that we made plans for Sunday, too!

Yes, it's true. I had no plans for the Super Bowl until the day before. Blame it on the fact that the Bears lost and I had no interest in seeing the Packers play. And win. That was not cool, but the three of us had a good time hanging out, eating some wings, and laughing at the commercials. I think my favorite was either the Doritos commercial, or the Pepsi Max ones. I also liked the one of the talking baby, but that's a given :)

Other exciting news is that I started my practicum placement today! I'm with a lively 3rd/4th grade class. They were quite chatty today, but I can already see that it is going to be fun getting to know them and working with them this semester. They had some great questions for me when I introduced myself...favorite sport (baseball), favorite color (orange), why my last name is what it is...lol. I wasn't sure how to handle that one, so I lamely said, I don't know...I was born with it! (They must think highly of me now...) Anyway, I really like the teacher. We seem to get along really well and I know that I will learn a lot from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment