background

February 17, 2011

New Friends!

So, I know I haven't blogged in a while. And a lot has been going on. I really have been meaning to type some stuff out because there is just so much fun to share! Truthfully, it has just been really difficult because of general busyness.

One of the exciting things that has simultaneously taken up a LOT of time is my practicum! I started last week with a 3rd/4th grade class, and I absolutely love it! My new friends (that is, the kiddies) are just adorable and such a joy to be around. I'll call them my "friends" because this is a term that I've heard some teachers use, even though I'm not too fond of actually using it with the students. I don't know, it just feels weird to me to announce, "Okay friends, today we're going to talk about agriculture!" For 3rd/4th grade, it seems baby-ish, but for blogging purposes, it works =)

Okay, seriously now...I am having so much fun! My cooperating teacher is great and I feel like we have really clicked. I taught my first lesson on some science concepts that the students had questions about. I won't go into too much detail, but let's just say that this was the first time that I've actually been up in front of a class teaching, and I felt a total rush from it! Seeing the kids raise their hands with eager expressions and knowing that I had inspired that excitement was just awesome.

For Monday, AKA Valentine's Day, I decided to make valentines for the kids rather than buying them. Immediately regretted that decision. It took f.o.r.e.v.e.r. Seriously. But, maybe it was worth it in the end? I thought they turned out pretty cool, but in the future I might save myself the hassle because let's face it, as long as they get candy, kids don't really care!

The finished products...

Other than that, I've just been trying to stay balanced and organized with school work and such. Oh, and I went to see my friend, Katie, walk in a bridal show a couple of weekends ago!! It was so much fun, and she looked gorgeous!

Shout out to Katie!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out!

    I'd love to her more about your "friends"! They sound like a lovely little group :D! Even though making Valentine's is a whole lot of work, I'm glad you did it! I think now will be a time to experiment and do fun things like that. When you're a teacher it might be easier to buy them... or make them way ahead of time :P!

    ReplyDelete